Time & Location
About the Event
Youth 12-18 Years Old June 14-25, 2021
- Two Weeks of Overnight Camp
- Scuba Diving in the Florida Keys at Mote Marine and assist with the Coral Restoration Project
- PADI Open Water Certification-Good For LIFE
- No Experience Necessary
- Stand-Up-Paddleboarding SUP
- Culture & History of Florida
- Reef Monitoring
- Fish Species Identification
- Coral Disease Identification and Restoration
- Field Sampling with Mote's Brad Tanner
- Environmental Stewardship with Keep Pinellas Beautiful
- Multiple Open Water Dives
- Shell anatomy
- Ocean Acidification
- Recycling and Plastic Alternatives
- Lionfish Dissection
COVID-19: Camp Coral will be two groups of ten or less, almost all activities held outside. Masks are required. CDC Guidelines followed.
All junior divers must provide their own Scuba quality mask, snorkel, Strap fins, boots and wetsuits
Jr. Scuba Diver: Divers must complete Modules 1-3 class before Camp Coral begins on June 14, 2021. Pool dives and Open Water Dives will be conducted at Camp Coral during the dates; June 14-20, 2021. All ages must dive with a PADI professional. Maximum depth is 40ft and they must dive with a PADI professional.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Because of the physical requirements of Scuba diving and handling of Scuba equipment, a junior diver must weigh a minimum of 95 lbs and be at least 5 feet tall and 12 years old to participate in a group class. Junior divers who do not fit the physical and/or age requirements may take the Scuba lessons privately.
EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS: All junior divers must provide their own, Scuba quality mask, fins and snorkel. Strap fins, boots and wetsuits are strongly recommended.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS: Junior divers must show they have the maturity and aptitude to comprehend dive related concepts in the PADI Scuba course. For this reason, they will be held to the same performance requirements as adults in the classroom(online to be competed before camp begins), pool & open water dives. All releases and medical forms must be signed by both the student and a parent or legal guardian prior to the first day of class. The Youth Diver Responsibility and Risk Acknowledgment must be signed.
POOL TRAINING: When you’re in your scuba equipment you can begin your pool training. Your instructor will put into practice the techniques you learned in the academics program. Your training dives will be logged and approved by your instructor before you move on to open water.
OPEN WATER TRAINING: Get ready to experience everything you’ve learned with the freedom of open water. As soon as your open water training dives are approved by your instructor you will be a certified diver. PADI Open Water Diver certification is recognized worldwide so your diving experiences will be limitless.
Camp Coral Drop OffWeedon Island Preserve
Buddy UpWeedon Island Preserve
- Camp Coral Female$1,999+$49.98 Service fee$1,999+$49.98 Service fee0$0
- Camp Coral Male$1,999+$49.98 Service fee$1,999+$49.98 Service fee0$0